-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2002 2:22 PM
To: Chetan Lavti
Subject: Re: insertion problem !!

Your message cannot be posted because it appears to be either spam or
simply off topic to our filter. To bypass the filter you must include
one of the following words in your message:

sql,query

If you just reply to this message, and include the entire text of it in
the
reply, your reply will go through. However, you should
first review the text of the message to make sure it has something to do
with MySQL. Just typing the word MySQL once will be sufficient, for
example.

You have written the following:

hi,
I have two tables as:=20
please concentrate on domain_id and INDEX=20

Create table ls_domain
( domain_id INT(4) UNSIGNED AUTO_INCREMENT ,
  domain_addr VARCHAR(80),
  domain_name CHAR(50) UNIQUE KEY,
  domain_port INT(6) UNSIGNED,
  domain_ip VARCHAR(15),
  created_by VARCHAR(40),
  created_date DATE,
  PRIMARY KEY (domain_id)
) TYPE=3DInnoDB;

I have created and inserted values in it then..

Create table ls_user
(
 user_id INT(4) UNSIGNED AUTO_INCREMENT ,
 domain_id INT(4),
 INDEX do_id (domain_id),
 user_name VARCHAR(30) UNIQUE KEY,
 user_flag CHAR(1) ,
 user_passwd VARCHAR(8) ,
 user_addr VARCHAR(100),
 user_email VARCHAR(50),
 created_by VARCHAR(30),
 created_date DATE,
 FOREIGN KEY (domain_id) REFERENCES ls_domain(domain_id),
 PRIMARY KEY (user_id)
) TYPE=3DInnoDB;

It has also been created. Now when I am inserting values in ls_user it
is giving error as mentioned below..( I have made sure that the value I
am inserting for the 'domain_id' exists in the ls_domain table.)
please tell me what could be the problem...

INSERT INTO
ls_user(ls_user,domain_id,user_name,user_flag,user_passwd,user_addr,user
_email,created_by, created_date)
             VALUES(1,1,'Chetan Lavti','y','chetan','116-C,Mayur
Vihar','[EMAIL PROTECTED]','Chetan Lavti','2002-02-07');

ERROR 1216: Cannot add a child row: a foreign key constraint fails

Please, help me for the same...

Thanks and regards,
Chetan Lavti