Hi There!

I am using  mysql  3.23.41, for redhat-linux-gnu (i386).

My problem is this.

In java, I am trying to extract a blob field from a mysql table - I am
using

Byte[] somebytes = RS.getBytes("FPPICTURE");
String somestring = new String(somebytes);

This gives me a string of the blob data.

I then need to create a new SQL insert statement that will insert the
blob data stored within "somestring" into a table..

String sqlCommand = "INSERT INTO SOMETABLE (FPPICTURE) VALUES
('"+somestring+"');";

However, when I attempt to execute the above query, I have a problem
because the contents of "somestring" contains some characters that are
illegal within a SQL statement such as a ' .

I have used PHPMyAdmin, and exported a table which has blob fields
within it. The result is a SQL string with the contents of the blob
field being escaped within the SQL query.

My question is, how can I get a blob field from a mysql table that had
already escaped any illegal charachters, or how can I encode the blob
field myself so that the mysql statement I create is valid ???

Thanks in advance,
Ian Packard