> in Mysql, under sql, we have the function PASSWORD('mypasswd') where we
> can encrpt
> 'mypasswd' into a 16 character scrambled word.
> which function in sql is used to decrypt the same and get back the
> original mypasswd.

There is no such feature.  PASSWORD like other hash passwords are one way
only.  This means the only way to find the actual password would be to use
the PASSWORD command on the entered password and then compare that hash to
the hash in the database.  The system is setup like this so if someone
manages to obtain a copy of your usernames and encrypted passwords on MySQL,
they can't simply run a DEPASSWORD or something similar to instantly find
out what the passwords are (which would then make encrypting the passwords
in the first place meaningless).

Sincerely,

Craig Vincent