On Friday 08 February 2002 16:32, Gurupartap Davis wrote:
> Yes, I saw that before...My filesize was limited to 2GB before, but now
> with a 2.4 kernel and reiserfs I _should_ be allowed to create a 20GB
> data file now, right?
>
> So something's wrong... as I said before, I have successfully created a
> 9GB file on this machine before, so the filesystem isn't to blame for a
> 4GB limitation...

If you are using one of the default installations of ReiserFS from SuSE,
it will be in the old (3.5) format.  This will limit the size of files
to 2GB even if you are using a new kernel and Glibc.  If you remounted with
-o conv, you will be able to create _new_ files that exceed 2GB, but I
think that any existing file will be limited to 2GB.

One way to test this would be to copy (not rename!) the table files to a new
name, remove the old ones and rename the new ones back to the old names.
Of course, this will work better if you have MySQL down at the time :-)

It is also possible that the table size has been set when you created the
tables.  Look up MAX_ROWS (MAXROWS?) in the online manual.

Best,
Kyle

--
Quicknet's MicroTelco fax and voice service has just added
another carrier giving MicroTelco users more low rates to

Cut costs, Fax smart. Use iPrint2Fax worldwide and save!