Yesterday, from Nathan:

> Since PHP ignores whitespace, I think this is also acceptable:

PHP doesn't ignore whitespace in a quote. But your code is of course
correct.

> $query = "CREATE TABLE query
>   tabledef for col a,
>   tabledef for col b,
>   lots more table defs,
>   welcome to line 400";

Another way: (without test)

$bladefault=24;
$query = <<<eoq;
CREATE TABLE query (
  id    char(2) default "24" # doublequotes work
  hugo  char(2) default '24' # singlequotes work either
  bla   char(2) default '$bladefault' # inline vars work
)
eoq

--
> How is possible to pass a long query to MySQL server with php?
> I mean i.e a "create table" statement with more than 400 chars.
> Have I to use shorter "create" and then "alter"?

Strings in PHP can be really, really long and are binary safe. Perhaps the
problem is the editor?

--

SSilk - Alexander Aulbach - Herbipolis/Frankonia Minoris