I have 2 SuSE Linux 7.2 machines at home...  These boxes have completely
different hardware in each... But the O/S on each, contains virtually all of
the same applications...

On the first machine, MySQL started right up, and has been working correctly
ever since...

On the second machine, MySQL will NOT start...

It tries to start, but keeps aborting...

Here are the only messages that I can seem to find:

        020126 18:01:29  mysqld started
        020126 18:01:29  /usr/sbin/mysqld: Table 'mysql.host' doesn't exist
        020126 18:01:29  mysqld ended
        020126 18:04:56  mysqld started
        020126 18:04:57  /usr/sbin/mysqld: Can't find file:
'./mysql/host.frm' (errno: 13)
        020126 18:04:57  mysqld ended
        020126 18:07:31  mysqld started
        020126 18:07:31  /usr/sbin/mysqld: Can't find file:
'./mysql/host.frm' (errno: 13)

Each time I try to restart, I get the above messages...

If anyone can point me to some specific log files, that would help to debug
this problem further, I would much appreciate it...

my.cnf is locate in /etc, as it's supposed to be...

host.frm exists, but it exists in the following location: (I'm thinking that
something in /usr/sbin/mysqld isn't pointing to the file...)

        /var/lib/mysql/mysql/host.frm

Is there a configuration file someplace, that I can modify to point to this
host.frm file?

If so, what is the correct command, including syntax?

TIA

Joe F.