Hi Jim,
Welcome to our relatively?relationally happy band.

> This is my first post to the list. I've been working on MySQL now for about a
> week and really like it. I have a question that I can't find in any of the
> books or how-tos.

A whole week and no post...

> When I add a line to my customer's table I need it to put today's date in the
> "indate" column. Is there anyway to do this like the auto for numbers?

You didn't mention which date format you are using. At this reference (6.2.2.2  The
DATETIME, DATE, and
TIMESTAMP Types) you will find coverage of the automatic inserting/updating of
TIMESTAMP values, and the
equivalent for DATE/DATETIME values.

Remember that the auto-input feature is a two-edged sword!

Regards,
=dn