G'Day folks,

New to PHP/MySQL.

Want to order the results of a SELECT by their 'absolute' value, not their
sign.
So regardless of whether it's +37 or -37, they are both 37 and thus both
come between 38 & 36, regardless of whether they're + or -.
eg.
100
-99
-92
91
72
-38
37
-37
etc...

I have the order DESC but it puts 100 first, and -100 last,
(that's what you'd usually want, but
I need the extremes grouped at one end,
down to the middle point zero......).

In my fantasy world I could do a  ORDER BY ABS(number) DESC
If there was any other way to achieve the same result that would be just
dandy...

I bet this is obvious.

Thanks for your time,

David Mackay