I'm currently trying to move a database (~1.6GB) from a Linux system to a
Sun (Solaris 8). The Linux machine is running:

mysqld  Ver 3.23.35 for pc-linux-gnu on i686

The Sun is running:

mysqld  Ver 3.23.47 for sun-solaris2.8 on sparc

I did a dump on the Linux box like this:

mysqldump -p --quick dbname | gzip > /output/file/path

Then I copied the file to the Sun and did:

gzcat outputfile.gz | mysql -p dbname

After a few minutes, I get the error:

ERROR 1171 at line 23984: All parts of a PRIMARY KEY must be NOT NULL;  If
you need NULL in a key, use UNIQUE instead
Line 23984, etc. is:

CREATE TABLE mesg_bodies (
  mesgnum int(11) default NULL,
  body longtext,
  PRIMARY KEY  (mesgnum)
) TYPE=MyISAM PACK_KEYS=1;

I'm not sure what's happening here. Is there an error in mysqldump that
makes it generate invalid SQL? Is there an error in the MySQL version on my
Linux machine that allowed me to inadvertently create an illegal table (or
insert illegal data)? Is there an error in the MySQL version on my Sun that
makes it puke on something that should be legal?

It seems like tables that work fine on the Linux machine should be ok on the
Sun, but what do I know?

Anyone have ideas about what the problem is here and the best way to work
around it?

Thanks.

sean

--
Sean Harding [EMAIL PROTECTED]  | "I'm not obsessing.
http://www.dogcow.org/sean/       |  I'm just curious."