Hi, Fellows!

Sorry for my poor english. Thats why I can explain myself properly.
:- )

What I really want is a calculate column with consecutive numbers from <n> to
clause. I need to print pay orders for students, this pay orders use a
consecutive control number, the criteria to select students use to be variable.
Example:
SELECT <colnum>, id, name FROM students WHERE status='OK'
(4 rows selected)
or
SELECT <colnum>, id, name FROM students WHERE grade=1
(230 rows selected)

<colnum> must be the same number that is printed in the pay order. The next pay
order on the printer is 15000, then <colnum> of the first row of the SELECT
must be 15100, the next row 15001, and so on.

you get it?

I remember that the sample i saw in this SQL list only used a SELECT statement
without a table, or whitout a memory variable. it was only a SELECT
<something>, and it returns a consecutive serie from 1 to 100.

Thanks again.
José Angel Blanco Linares
Depto Servicios de Apoyo Académico
Centro de Enseñanza Técnica Industrial