On Wednesday 13 February 2002 10:51 am, Shih-Hao Li wrote:

> Does anybody know what's the minimum memory requirement
> for mysql running on Redhat Linux and Sun Solaris?
> Please reply or cc to my email address.

I have run MySQL with 32 megs of RAM quite happily.  Note that this was NOT
particularly fast but I didn't require a peak speed of even a transaction per
second.

More reasonably, it will depend almost entirely on your database structure.
For simple databases, 128 megs should be more than enough.  And you can go
_all_ the way up from there.