Hi all.
And Hi to the spam filter: MySQL, database, sql, etc...

We are considering using the BLOB data type to store documents - .doc,
.xls, .pdf mainly.
I have also considered just storing a hyperlink to a file on the
network, but with the amount of files, it seems a little messy.
So I'm pretty much decided as long as I can get it to work...

I'm using Access 2002. What I'd like is for people to be able to use a
FileOpen - type dialog box to select the document, which is then copied
into the BLOB field. Then they can later double-click on the BLOB field
to open the document in the default application for the particular file
type. The problem is that I don't quite understand how to do this. I can
get the dialog box fine (from some Access examples databases). But as
for copying from the network into a database field - I dunno. Oh, and
the same for getting it back out :)

Any clues / examples / links greatly appreciated.

Dan

--
Daniel Kasak
IT Developer