Hello all,

I searched the archives and found no similar problems, so here goes...

Using an almost straight out of the manual example, I am unable to
do a fulltext search using "IN BOOLEAN MODE"

using the following SQL statement:

SELECT * FROM parts
WHERE MATCH (description)
AGAINST ("+brake +pad" IN BOOLEAN MODE);

I receive the error:

ERROR 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'BOOLEAN MODE)' at
line 1

I get this error on both servers listed below:

server version: 3.23.39-max-nt (running on windows 2000)
server version: 3.23.40 (running on redhat 7.1)

I have no problems without the "IN BOOLEAN MODE" keywords in the statement.

Anything I should know?

Bob Price
Information Services - Programmer Analyst
ATTORNEYS' TITLE GUARANTY FUND, INC.
217.359.2042 § 800.252.5206, ext. 142
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]