Wouldn't replace change all the entries in your table row, same effect as update?
I believe the question is how to test which entry in a form has a new value and
replace/update only that value in the table.
If I have a form...

 ______________________________
|    Employee Record Update    |
|                              |
|ID No:   1234                 |
|Name:    _____________________|
|Address: _____________________|
|                              |
|    Submit                    |
 ------------------------------

If I have this table...
 _________________________________
|idno    name    address    status|
|---------------------------------|
|1234    Peter    45 street Single|

Which means I only want to replace the status and the name and address remains the
same.
How do you test w/c entries in the form have new values and change only those entries
in the table?

Peter, this is basically what your asking, right?
I actually need to figure this one out myself so I would appreciate any info.

thanks...

luie