> I am new to the subject. I am experimenting in mysql via PHP with a nice
> book (PHP and MySQL
> Web development). My question is how many queries to mysql, made via
> PHP, should considered
> ok for efficiency. I know it has much to do with the size of databases,
> but I would like to get an
> idea. Thanks.

Unfortunately there really is no set number one could come up with....it all
depends on what you need, the intended load of the server, speed of the
queries, optimizations of both MySQL and the OS, the system you're using and
a plethora of other variables....basically remember it's not size but speed
that determines efficiency...so if it takes 2 seconds to complete 5 queries
you'd be better off doing that than a single query for the same information
that thats 5 seconds to complete =)

Sincerely,

Craig Vincent