Hello,

I just upgraded mysql to 3.23.49 using the rpm's.  I had been running
3.23.45 for many months now without a problem on a RH 7.2 box logging
snort data (so it had moderate load).

Now, when I try to start mysql, I get this in the log (other lines
snipped).  I'm  hoping someone might recognize this problem.

I've looked at the Crashing page and run myisamchk on the data tables,
etc.

Any ideas?

020218 10:06:06  mysqld started
mysqld got signal 4;

This could be because you hit a bug. It is also possible that this
binary or one of the libraries it was linked agaist is corrupt,
improperly built, or misconfigured. This error can also be caused by
malfunctioning hardware.  We will try our best to scrape up some info
that will hopefully help diagnose the problem, but since we have already
crashed, something is definitely wrong and this may fail

SWS