From: Søren Neigaard [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, February 18, 2002 12:08 PM
To: Henning Sprang
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re[2]: Am I asking the wrong question?

Monday, February 18, 2002, 5:51:38 PM, Henning wrote:

HS> sometimes you need to choose a good subject, but i don't know what your
HS> original subject was...

Yes maybe that actually was the reason :)

HS> what exacly you don't understand? the following message is just a
HS> special problem, not a question about understanding the permission
system.

HS>  From this excerpt one cannot see if you really the right permissions,
HS> at least it says that user homebrew has generally no permissions which
HS> go over the full database.

HS> To see if there are correct permissions check the db table ind Database
HS> MySQL - there you find Database specififc persmissions for each user.

Yes in db the homebrew user did not have any permissions, so I change
them manually, and now it all works. But why? Should I not be able to
set those permissions with GRANT?

HS> Another thing that could be (but i am not sure if that applies) that you

HS> need to relaod the database sometimes after granting something to a user

HS> or adding a new user, i am not sure, but you can give it a try.

Yes I needed that too, I stopped and started it. Can I "reload" it
with some command?

HS> ps: i would not send original passwords to such a list - one should
HS> always black out things like that...

Point taken :)

--
Med venlig hilsen/Best regards,