We are trying to install MySQL on a Windows 2000 Server, but are getting
'error 1058' when we try to start the service.

The MySQL version is 3.23.47-nt. The MySQL drive is F:, and c:\my.cnf is:
        [mysqld]
        port=3306
        big-tables
        skip-locking
        set-variable = key_buffer=16M
        set-variable = max_allowed_packet=1M
        set-variable = thread_stack=128K
        set-variable = flush_time=1800
        set-variable = lower_case_table_names=1
        basedir = F:/MYSQL/
        console

        [mysqldump]
        quick
        set-variable = max_allowed_packet=16M

        [MYSQL]
        no-auto-rehash

        [isamchk]
        set-variable= KEY=16M

        [client_fltk]
        help_file= F:\MYSQL\sql_client\MYSQL.help
        client_file= F:\MYSQL\MYSQL.options
        history_length=20
        database = Wires
        queries_root= F:\MYSQL\queries
        last_database_file= F:\MYSQL\lastdb

This system is to use MyISAM tables.

>From a DOS prompt, we switched into the F:\MYSQL\BIN directory and...
        mysqld-nt --install
Win2K reports the service installed.

When we ...
        net start mysql
we get the following error:

System error 1058 has occurred.
The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it
has no enabled devices associated with it.

Anyone had this problem ... found a fix ... have any idea what is wrong???

Any feedback will be appreciated.

Gerald Jensen