i compiled it right into apache , it is working but using clear text
passwords. Its 2.20, i found a 3.20 also but it wont compile at all, ive
looked all over the web and noone else seems to have a problem , im at a
loss

here is my .htaccess that works

AuthName "Your Login is Required"
AuthType Basic