hi everybody,

I have an OpenBSD 3.0 box running MySQL here, in my opinion setup correctly
and everything runs smooth. now I have the challenge to migrate an m$Access
based application called WinCard to play correctly with MySQL. the problem
is, that it is not possible to enter new records from the (Access) GUI. as
soon as I enter a record it pops up a message box ("Record is deleted") -
what it actually is. editing as well as deleting works fine.

Oh, yes, I do use the latest MyODBC/Jet/MDAC drivers. probably there is some
black magic in the ODBC settings, so here is what I have ACTIVATED:

        - return matching rows  -> recommended by MySQL
        - simulate ODBC 1.0     -> recommended by MySQL
        - use compressed protocol
        - change bigint columns into int
        - safety

neither the publisher nor the developers can/want to help me, because "we
only support microsoft products while OpenSource is no standard". I really
would like to prove them wrong... so if there is somebody out there who
knows anything about WinCard or has any other clue what I could do, please
please help me...

Claude Fankhauser