Hi,

I could able to reproduce the bug, and will fix it for the
next release versions by finding the exact cause (possibly
some where we are not closing the opened session while using
the mysql_list_fields()).

The immediate work around is to execute "FLUSH TABLES"
before you try to drop it, that way you can eliminate
the server shutdown.

And, thanks for the good functionality bug.

Regards, Venu
--
For technical support contracts, go to https://order.mysql.com