Edwards,

Eeoen> Hope somebody can help me on this one....

Eeoen> At present I have two tables in my database. The data in question is built
Eeoen> around credit card transactions.

Eeoen> Tables Structure

Eeoen> Headers Table

Eeoen> ID (Primary Key used by the TRANSACTIONID field in the Transaction table)
Eeoen> HEADERDETAILS blah, blah

Eeoen> Transaction Table

Eeoen> ID (Primary Key)
Eeoen> TRANSACTIONID (Foreign Key into the Headers table)
Eeoen> TRANSACTIONDETAILS blah,blah
Eeoen> TRANSACTIONDATE

Eeoen> I wish to delete all records from the headers table for a given date AND the
Eeoen> associated records in the transaction table.  After looking through the
Eeoen> MySQL manual I discovered that deleting from multiple tables using a join is
Eeoen> not supported.  Has anybody any ideas I can use to remove the data ???????
Eeoen> (and some REAL life queries cause I`m still just a beginner :))

Eeoen> p.s. If this is not clear please say so and I will elaborate :)

Try to use CONCAT() function in SELECT statement. Look comments in the
manual at:
       http://www.mysql.com/doc/D/E/DELETE.html

--
For technical support contracts, goto https://order.mysql.com/
  /  |/  /_ __/ __/ __ \/ /    Victoria Reznichenko