On Friday 22 February 2002 06:26 am, Arjen Lentz wrote:
> Hi Alec,
>
> On Fri, 2002-02-22 at 18:59, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > > Is there a timeline/status for 4.x functionality available?
> > > I would like to use MySQL 4.x, however, I'm looking for some of the
> > > highly requested functionality (ie; subselects, SP's, triggers and
> > > Views) and would like to know where/when in the sequence of things todo
> > > does everything fall into place.  This will help me plan my
> > > development effort as well since I don't need everything at once.
>
> There certainly is a general timeline... have a look at various points
> in the online manual (http://www.mysql.com/doc/) to see what the
> priorities are and will be.
> As for exact dates: "it will be ready when it's ready."
> Some may not like that response, but it's honest. As you know, with
> MySQL we prefer to do a solid implementation rather than a quick hack.

This is the excerpt I found from the docs and I"m having difficulty trying to
figure out what "within a couple of months" is relative to.  I was wondering
if there is some clearer date with regards to the upcoming beta:

"The rollout of MySQL Server 4.0 will come in several steps, with the first
version labelled 4.0.0 already containing most of the new features.
Additional features will be incorporated into MySQL 4.0.1, 4.0.2 onwards;
very probably within a couple of months, MySQL 4.0 will be labelled beta.
Further new features will then be added in MySQL 4.1, which is targeted for
alpha release in early 2002. "