From: Sean Nelson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, February 22, 2002 4:30 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Frustrated Linux 7 sql installer seeks enlightenment

Hello SqlFolk ;

    I'm trying to install  mysql the latest version of mysql (client,
server, devel, bench, shared)
    on Red Hat Linux 7.0 (kernel = 2.2.16-22). After downloading the
RPMs, I get a signal
    4 error on the server install and notice complaints concerning
threads. Perusing the mysql
    manuals  seems to suggest that upgrading the kernel to 2.4.n.n would
help. This is
    unfortunately a  task which is at least as complicated as reloading
the entire OS. There's
    very little that's not tied up with the Linux kernel in some way.

    Does anyone know of a less painful way to create an environment
using mysql
    which will allow me to continue with the bit of perl/ CGI
programming I set out to
    do in the first place ? If I go with some more antique version of
sql to avoid the
    problem, do I stand any real chance of success ?

    I hope you've had a better day than I have.

    Thanks.

---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

---