I've got this problem that now since I updated mysql to ver 3.23.49 and recompiled
some of my working cgi scripts Apache is complaining about a server error. Premature
end of header scripts. If I use the cgi that I compiled before the upgrade everything
is fine. It's the exact same code.

I've narrowed it down to the function mysql_real_connect(). I can use mysql_init() to
inizalize the mysql variable and mysql_options() and the cgi script runs without
crashing on the apache server. Of course the script isn't doing what I want it to
because I have to comment everything out because I can't make a connection to the
database.

everything works great when I run it in debug mode giving the cgi all the env
variables but not running the script through the server.
The html code that is produced can be loaded into a page and looks and works fine.

I've tried installing 3.23.46 which was the version of mysql that I had before over
top of ver 49 and recompiled the cgi script but that didn't fix anything.

Does anyone have any answers as to why this happened. Does anyone know how to rip all
of mysql out and start from scratch instead of reloading the os.

Any suggestions please. :)

Thanks.