Thank you in advance for your help.

I have a table which has a timestamp column.  Now, I want to add a column of
type datetime and transfer the original timestamp (date or original
insertion) into the new datetime column (so as to preserve this information
for all posterity in case an new update to a row should alter the timestamp
column).  I had not intended to do any updates on this table (I know, my bad
! , for lack of planning).  But now I see a need to do so.  Can I do this
using sql ?

Thank you very much in advance,
Laszlo