Client: MS Visual Basic 6.0 - ADO 2.5, Windows 2K Professional, Win 95, Win
98.

Server: Redhat Linux 7.0, MySQL 3.23.41.

For trouble shooting purposes, I've done the followings (as recommended by
someone):
1)  In Linux server, I run df - The useage for all filesystems are less than
50 %.
2)  In Linux server, I run top - CPU and memory usage are low because I've
only installed MySQL in Linux server.

3)  In MySQL server, I run 'show processlist' - wait_timeout is 28800.

I run VBasic in debug mode line by line.  I noticed that the error message
appeared (randomly) when I do the followings
 although the connection is still open (just before I open or insert a
record):
1)  open a recordset (small recordset with 1 record only)
2)  do an 'Insert' record (of one record only)

Before I open a recordset or insert a new record, I check the connection to
make sure it's open.  But when I open a recordset
or insert a record, I got the above message.

So When I got the error message, I immediately run 'show processlist' in the
MySQL server.  I noticed that the process ID was gone.
I'm very sure no one manually kills the process id.

It just went away.

I also noticed the following:
1)  In my RH Linux Server, when I ping my Windows clients, I got this
message:
'Warning: time of day goes back, taking countermeasures.'
I understand this is a Linux ping message and I've read the mailing list
from Red Hat Linux.  I'm just wondering if this ping is giving me a lead to
something
I've also read the MySQL mailing list regarding the above subject.  It
suggested 'wait_timeout', 'connection is close', etc.  I've done that.

Any hints?  My colleage programmer and I are in trouble.  We can't run our
applications as scheduled! Thanks.

John Chee