This one gets answered about 6 times per month, so
perhaps the Mysql doc team could consider putting
an FAQ or heading in the documentation for it.
For example, under "A Problems and Common Errors",
which is not English, by the way, there should be
a heading "Porting, Importing, and Exporting".

For more details, Matt, you can try previous replies to this
question in the email archives,
http://lists.mysql.com/cgi-ez/ezmlm-cgi/1#b

Basically the easiest way is to export the Access database
using "export" from the file menu, in a "CSV" format with
quotation marks around strings.

Caution 1: You will need to remove or escape any newlines
in your Access database.  For some stupid reason Access
allows them in the fields, but has no way to search or replace
on them!

Caution 2: Use "Tab" instead of comma as a field separator.

Then, in Mysql, make a new database.
you will need to manually create the
same schema for each table (this is necessary because there
is no way to guess or export the Access schema, that I know)
Indicate the type and size of each field in each table.
ORDER IS IMPORTANT.  If you get the fields in a different order,
this will NOT WORK.

Last,  on the machine running mysql, change directory to the
directory containing the export files, which you may wish to name
table1.sql, table2.sql, etc.

Use mysqlimport to put them into the database.  See the
documentation on mysqlimport for this.  Be careful to specify
the same separator, enclosed-by, etc. as you did when exporting.

Caution 3:  If you get this step wrong, it may still *appear*to
work but your data will not be right.  Try again.  Don't be disturbed
if it takes a few tries.  you can use "DROP DATABASE name" to delete
the previous try.

And there you are!
Steve