Eric Mayers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Okay, this is clearly not what I want.  I'm looking for a method to see
> how much space a table is using compared to the total amount of space
> available.  Is there a way to do this (with innodb tables)?

I haven't used InnoDB tables, but since no one else has answered you
and this was a reply to my message, I'll try.

I don't think there's a way within MySQL to find out how much disk
space is available.  You'll have to use whatever programming language
you're using and the facilities of your operating system.  To find
the space used by a table, you might be able to add the Data_length,
Index_length, and Data_free values from SHOW TABLE STATUS, but those
might work differently for InnoDB tables.

I'm not really sure how meaningful the calculation of percentage of
space used is, anyway.  If you have 10 tables each using 10 MB and
there are 990 MB of free space on the disk, are you going to report
that each table is using 1% of its possible space, even though this
possible space can only be used by 1 table?

--
Keith C. Ivey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Washington, DC