Hi Tyler,
[back on-list so that others can offer their wisdom!]

OK, so it's not a problem with the MySQL client, then it's likely the PHP. Most likely
that the username and
password data values are strings and need to be properly contained with single- or
double-quotation marks.

If you need further assistance, first try some debug ECHOs on the three fields used in
the query, and ECHO the
query itself immediately prior to the call to MySQL. (is the last how you posted
(copy-pasted) the query into
the MySQL client, or did you type it into MySQL by hand?)

If lights still don't go off, please post the PHP code snippet.

Regards,
=dn