David,

  I am seeing the exact same thing on some Solaris boxen.  My database
sees a couple of updates every minute or two; and show slave status on
the slave always appears to lag behind the master.  The data in my
tables lag as well as I've done some rudimentary checksumming and have
found differences.  I've found that if I go to each slave and do a slave
stop and a slave start that it restarts the slave connection and then
runs through all of the new changes.

Mysql community,

  Thoughts as to what could be causing this?  I am using --replicate-do-
db command to replicate only a single database; that's about the only
thing I can think of that is special about my setup.

Thanks,

On Mon, Feb 11, 2002 at 10:24:46AM -0800, David Piasecki said:
> I've recently set up replication on one of my databases. Both master and
> slave are running MySQL 3.23.46 on FreeBSD 4.1. The only tables that get
> updated or inserted into hold approximately 140,000 records, growing at
> a rate of around 50-100 every day. The issue is it is currently taking
> approximately 20-30 minutes for an update/insert that occurs on the
> master to show up on the slave. An insert operation on the master
> usually only takes a second or so, so it doesn't make sense that it
> should take so long for the slave to update. There is nothing
> non-standard about either table - each contains approximately 20
> columns, one auto-increment field, and one index.
>
> Hoping someone has some insight into this matter... BTW, both servers
> are on the same private network, literally being right next to each
> other, so I know it's not a network issue.
>

> David Piasecki

Michael Douglass
Chief System Engineer
Texas Networking, Inc.  (512-794-7123)