Hi there,

I've been struggling with this & the mysql
documentation doesn't seem to be helping much.  I'll
try to make this as short as possible...

I have a phone directory that allows a user to search
the database by name & the results.php page has two
forms in it.  one form allows the user to modify the
entry & submit changes to the database - this works
fine.  the other form allows the user to delete the
entry (row) from the database - not working.

This is basically my code for the results.php page:

while ($row = mysql_fetch_array($result))
 {
 $searchterm = "$realname";
 echo "<table>";
 echo "<form name=modify method=post
action=\"save_changes.php\">";
 echo "<td><input type=text size=25 name=realname
value=\"$row[realname]\"></td></tr>";
 echo "<td><input type=text size=25 name=phone
 echo "<form name=remove method=post
action=\"remove_entry.php\">";
 echo "<td><input type=submit name=remove
value=\"Remove Entry\"></td>";

This is the code for the remove_entry.php page:

$result = mysql_query("DELETE FROM directory WHERE
realname='$realname'")    ") or die (mysql_error());

- I'm not receiving an error, but it is going to the
end & showing 'removal successful!' but the row is not
deleted from the database.  Can someone tell me where
I'm going wrong?

Thank you in advance!
Andrea