Suppose I have a table :

mysql> select * from flag_test;
+--------+------+
| name   | flag |
+--------+------+
| Chetan | Y    |
+--------+------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

I am setting/unsetting the flag field from the api's ;

Now if the flag is already set and I executes the Query from the Mysql
Command prompt it shows :
MySQL> update flag_test set flag='Y' where name='chetan';
        Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)
        Rows matched: 1  Changed: 0  Warnings: 0

but if the same Query I run from the C program and if I check the return
value of mysql_affected_rows(Mysql *) it returns 0 ,
Actually I am doing something based on it's return value but Instead of
Rows matched: 1

what can I do ..?

Please, anybody can help me out..??

Thanks and regards,