From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On
Behalf Of Van
Sent: Friday, March 01, 2002 12:57 PM
To: Edward Peloke
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: more than one owner?

Edward Peloke wrote:

> I was thinking more along the lines of creating a db called test and
> creating two tables:
> test.clients and test2.clients
>
> Like you can do in MSSQL, create many table owners in the same db.

Since you read the Grant section at
http://www.mysql.com/doc/S/e/Secure_GRANT.html before asking the question,
it
should be clear that putting an entry in the user table with no access and
an
entry in the db table for that user ('test') for that db (in your case
'test')
and following the same procedure for the 2nd user ('test2'), you would now
have
users test and test2 with no permissions, except for the 'test' db.

In other words, 2 users with permissions over the same db.

GRANT USAGE ON *.* TO test@localhost;
GRANT USAGE ON *.* TO test2@localhost;
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON db.* TO test@localhost
        IDENTIFIED BY 'some_pass';
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON db.* TO test2@localhost
        IDENTIFIED BY 'some_pass';

Works exactly as detailed in the section in the manual you just read before
seeking clarification.  >:)

Van