I was experimenting with BLOB (binary large object).  I have learned my lesson and
decided it's NOT a
good idea to store binary files in a mySQL database.  However, the damage has been
done so to speak.  I
stored some pictures in a mySQL database, now I cannot get them out.

When I use mysqlfront I can view the images, so I know they're in the database.
However, if I attempt
to write out the image to a file, the resulting file is not readable.  I am using this
syntax...

select df_file into outfile Calgary_Tower.jpg from datafile where df_id = 1

df_file is the field containing the image.

Just for grins I read in a picture, then wrote it out and compared the byte counts.
When I store, then
write-out a picture, it grows by a few bytes.

Ideas?

Thanks,
John

--
John Mayson   KC4VJO          Linux/Programming/Esperanto
Austin, Texas 78729                     30.4560N 97.7851W