From: Bill Platt [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, March 02, 2002 2:25 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Quotation Marks in Mysql fields

I have what may seem a silly question on this list. As I am
fairly new to mysql, I am not sure what the answer might be.

I have noticed my software generating errors everytime I try
to place the single or double quote into the table columns.

At this time, I have scripted my perl to turn these quotation
marks into nulls to get the software to quit triggering the
error.

Now, my question is this. How do I get the database to accept
the quotation marks and apostrophes?? The kind of data I am
entering into the tables is better with these items left in
rather than left out.

Thanks,

Bill Platt