Ben,
Monday, March 04, 2002, 7:48:45 AM, you wrote:

BB> I am very new at using MySQL, so this may be a stupid
BB> question.  in my webpage front end, a user logs in,
BB> and I pass his username to the form throught a hidden
BB> form.  The only problem is that the user name are all
BB> "FirstName LastName".  It passes from the login page
BB> to the php page fine, but once the user enters more
BB> input data in that php page, and the php page just
BB> reloads itself when the user submits, the username
BB> gets cut off at the first space.  What's going on?
BB> thanks

Have you inserted first and last name into one field, like 'John
Johnson'?

What is the type of your field that consists of first and last name?

If you insert value of more than maximum column's length into CHAR or VARCHAR column,
the value is curtailed to fit.

--
For technical support contracts, goto https://order.mysql.com/
  /  |/  /_ __/ __/ __ \/ /    Victoria Reznichenko