Hello,

I'm looking to port a MySQL replication set that runs 3.23.25-beta to a
later version of MySQL.  I understand that the format for the binary log
changed from .25 to .26 and again at 4.  It appears, from looking at the
code for 4, that it looks at the version of the replication master and if
it's a 3.x master it will use the appropriate format.

I've yet to find the correct logfile structure but would like to work
with the version 4 code to make it check for the really-old version of the
binary log and work with it.  Therefore, can someone point me to the
logfile structures?  Am I attempting the impossible by trying to get
version 4 to read a binary log of 3.23.25?

Thanks for any help and pointers in the right direction.

Steve