My web hosting company recently upgraded me to a new server running
freeBSD. In the process, I find that the sql query that includes the
following statement no longer works:

if (now()-when>2000000,'!','')

If, however, I add the name of the table "assigned" that contains the
row "when" then it works:

if (now()-assigned.when>2000000,'!','')

The version of mysql in which the first statement worked is 3.22.25
The new version of mysql in which the first statement did NOT work is:
3.23.26

Is this some quirk of the "if" statement in this particular version?
Could it be that the row name "when" is illegal? It doesn't appear
necessary to include the table name in other queries, except when the
same row name appears in two tables referenced by the same query. Can
anyone answer this?

Regards,
--
PLEASE QUOTE THE ORIGINAL MESSAGE IN ALL CORRESPONDENCE...
We get a lot of email and it's often difficult to keep track!

Jonathan Farrow

Onartworks
170 South La Brea Avenue
Los Angeles, CA  90036