Didn't see anything on this specific question in a quick search of the
database. If I just missed it, I apologize.

What I have in mind is being able to read the Japanese error messages on an
MSWindows box.

So I wanted to make a mysql\share\japanese_sjis directory and save the two
errmsg files in it in shift-jis. I had no problems loading errmsg.txt into a
text editor as euc and saving as shift-jis. But errmsg.sys is not text. Just
for fun, I tried using my text editor to filter that, too, but mysql of
course refuses to start up with that specified in my my.ini file.

Maybe I could re-compile something? Or run a filter on something? If this
might be possible, I'd appreciate a pointer in the right direction.

Joel Rees
Alps Giken Kansai Systems Develoment
Suita, Osaka