Why not rather have pointers to the files on a directory and store this
in a db field ? Saves you a lot of DB space ?

Ant

-----Original Message-----
From: Dang Nguyen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 04 March 2002 09:05
To: Mysql List (E-mail)
Subject: storing files in mySQL

Hi everyone,

I'd like to know how to load files, such as MS-Word documents or PDF
documents, in a mySQL database.  I've setup a blob type in a table, but
where do I go from there?

The purpose of this is to store files uploaded from a web page and
processed with Java servlets.  Then, the files should be retrievable
(displayed or
downloaded) back to a client browser.  My environment: Apache Web server
1.3.x on Solaris 2.8 with Java servlets environment.

Thanks for any help,
Dang Nguyen