From: "Forer, Leif" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, March 05, 2002 11:56 AM
Subject: SELECT this IF that

I want to select and join data from two tables if the same id exists in both
tables.  If the id only exists in one table I want MySQL to return a string
like "sorry, no records found".  How can I do this?

I'm guessing it's something like:

mysql> SELECT tbl1.this, tbl2.that FROM tbl1, tbl2 WHERE IF (tbl1.id =
tbl2.id, return the data, "no record");

(Obviously that's not a real query).

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may contain privileged or
confidential information. It is solely for use by the individual for whom
it is intended, even if addressed incorrectly. If you received this e-mail
in error, please notify the sender; do not disclose, copy, distribute, or
take any action in reliance on the contents of this information; and delete
it from your system. Any other use of this e-mail is prohibited. Thank you
for your compliance.