Hello everyone,

This is my first attempt at MySQL database replication.  Can't seem to get
it to work yet.  The problem reported in the error log of the slave server
is as follows:

Error reading packet from server:  Access denied for user 'repl@slave_host'
(Using password: YES) (read_errno 0,server_errno=1045)

I believe it has something to do with the way I granted privileges to the
user repl.  I did the following:

GRANT FILE ON dbname.* to repl@'%' identified by 'some_password';

In the slave config file, I have the correct password to connect to the
master, so I don't believe that that is the problem.  Also included in the
config file is replicate-do-db=dbname.

If someone has any idea of what I can or should do, your help would be much
appreciated.  If not, thanks for your time.

Thi