Hi,

small problem. I have a table set up like so. It has a number of entries
that were added on a certain date, I use TIMESTAMP to keep track of the date.

+---------------------+---------------+------+-----+---------+--------------
--+
| Field               | Type          | Null | Key | Default | Extra

+---------------------+---------------+------+-----+---------+--------------
--+
| auto                | mediumint(10) |      | PRI | NULL    |
auto_increment |
| accref              | varchar(6)    | YES  |     | NULL    |

| orderdate           | timestamp(8)  | YES  |     | NULL    |

| version             | varchar(9)    | YES  |     | NULL    |

| upgradep            | varchar(4)    | YES  |     | NULL    |

| status              | varchar(8)    | YES  |     | NULL    |

| status_relate_to_id | int(11)       | YES  |     | NULL    |

--+

Unfortunately, I used this query on the table

mysql> UPDATE deerfield SET version = '2.1' WHERE product = 'WinGate LITE';

and all of the dates of the filed that match the where clause updated to
today's date. How can I avoid this? Is there a problem with the set-up of
the timestamp itself.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rob