this is an obvious 'newbie' question, so please bare with me.

i'm parsing a lot of data from file, and a good deal of this data is in the
form of nested C structs.  within any given struct, you might have an array
of 256 floats, or an array of 256 structs, with 256 floats, etc, etc.

i'd like to have one entry in the field column which can be accessed by name
and index.  i.e. fieldnameX(1), fieldnameX(2), etc. where the index is the
floating point value, a character string, or whatever in an array within a
struct.  how do i go about doing this, if it's at all possible? (it would
seem odd if i had to create n number of fields for each value in an array.
especially arrays of large sizes)  i'm not looking for the C/C++ or Perl to
SQL mechanism, i just haven't found the syntax to create a field of that
type in SQL, which is my first, and obvious starting point.

thanks,

christian