On Wed, Mar 06, 2002 at 07:40:09PM -0800, Petro wrote:
[snip]
>     We have 10 of the 3ware cards, and while the drive is GPLd and in
>     the kernel, we have not been satisfied with the stability of the
>     system

What were the stability problems?

>     We haven't had a chance yet to qual the latest firmware, etc., but
>     we went with dumb IDE expansion cards (we're only using 4 ide drives
>     per system) and we're getting better speed (RAID0 or 1+0 depending)
>     than we were off the 3ware card.

So you're doing software RAID now?

Some more specifics would be appreciated.  What 3ware cards?  7410s?
What type of drives?  What motherboard?  Were you doing RAID 1+0?

Do you run your application-specific benchmarks, or general benchmarks?
Have any actual numbers?

Thanks,

Maurice
sql, query