At 01:40 PM 3/7/2002, you wrote:
>Are there any documented reasons why mysql would only enter certain fields
>and "skip" others?
>I am having some strange problems where it seems that data are randomly
>"dropped" from inserts via web forms.
>
>Have posted before stating a possible cache or proxy problem, but I am
>still at a loss...

Petre,
         It could be caused by special characters in one of the fields. If
you are using PHP then you need to prepare the text variable's contents
before adding it to the SQL statement that updates the table. See
AddSlashes, StripSlashes and HTMLSpecialChars in the PHP manual. You should
also debug the SQL statements by  appending the SQL statement to a text
file so you can easily discover what the SQL syntax looks like. I timestamp
each line in the debug file so I know when it occurred. The problem should
then be obvious.

Brent