I don't have a problem and I am using 3.23.47

-----Original Message-----
From: Robbie Martinez [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, March 07, 2002 3:51 PM
To: Gurhan Ozen
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: MS-DOS Window

I tried using 'tee' in MySql but it's not working.

mysql> tee file.txt;

ERROR 1064; You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'tee file' at line
1

I'm running version 3.22.34-shareware-debug on Win98.  Is this a
problem?  Do
I need to pick up a more recent version?

Thanks,
Robbie

On Mon, 4 Mar 2002, Gurhan Ozen wrote:

> Hi Robbie,
> There are a few ways you can capture the output to a file..
> First of all, you can have all your sql statement in a file , say
> myquery.sql file, and call it from command line and redirect it to a
> different file such as this:
>    C:\mysql\bin\mysql < myquery.sql > outputfile.txt
> Or, you can select your query into a outfile with SELECT .... INTO
OUTFILE
> 'outfile.txt'; syntax. See

http://www.mysql.com/documentation/mysql/bychapter/manual_Reference.html
#SEL