At 16:10 -0800 3/7/02, Shankar Unni wrote:
>I tried setting a TIMESTAMP column (nullable, not first timestamp in
>that table) in mysql 3.23.38) to NULL, but it seems to get the value
>00000000000000.  Is it not possible to set a timestamp column to
>NULL?

It is not possible.  Setting a TIMESTAMP to NULL in MySQL is idiomatic
for "set it to the current date and time".  Much like setting an
AUTO_INCREMENT value to NULL is idiomatic for "set it to the next
sequence value."

I'm surprised that you're finding the column set to 00000000000000,
however.  It should get the current date and time.