Okay, I'm a Lasso person who has been lurking on this list for some
months now because I'm learning MySQL. I'm learning it because Blue World
was cool enough to adopt MySQL in their latest version of Lasso
Professional 5 (LP5). This is a great list and I'm learning a ton of
stuff here without ever needing to ask a question. It seems whenever I
have a question, it seems to have been covered in the past week or so and
I simply go through my old emails from the list to find the answer.

Reading this thread, it seems clear that the PHP people on this list feel
that this list should only discuss things related to MySQL and PHP. I
thought this was a MySQL list, not PHP. There is going to be a lot more
Lasso people on this list as more and more of us switch to LP5. This list
better start adjusting to the idea or MySQL will start losing a whole new
group of MySQL converts.

The really cool thing about all this is that MySQL is being adopted by
more and more complimenting technologies. That's a good thing for the
MySQL community. It's only natural that people are going to want
comparisons of competing technologies as long as they can continue to use
MySQL. Right? That's what I would want to see.

sql, query

Lasso Summit 2002 - Europe                April 15-16, 2002 in London, UK
Jim Van Heule                                         The Data Web Center
VH Publications, Inc.                               www.DataWebCenter.com
www.VHPublications.com                        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                         direct: 616.844.0066